Each year, the Stable Steady Strong campaign secures funding to help Polk County residents find, access, and retain affordable housing. Programs and Supportive Services help make this happen. Homeownership counseling, case management, job training, financial education, are just some of the ways your dollars help families in our community.
In 2020, these dollars served 2,754 residents of Polk County. Of the 1,639 households served, 1,091 were headed by women and 1,046 were extremely low income.
- 978 African American families were served
- 1,088 White families were served
- 123 Asian families were served
- 180 unemployed people were placed in jobs with an average wage of $13/hour.
- 163 families increased their net worth by at least 15%
Our goal in 2021 is to raise $650,000 to help people get housed and stay housed.
By donating to the Polk County Housing Trust Fund's Stable Steady Strong campaign, you are funding the critical Programs and Supportive Services work that help residents find, access, and retain affordable housing
We are proud to support programs of the following organizations that share your commitment to overcoming the barriers to housing:
- Anawim Housing
- Beacon of Life
- Central Iowa Shelter & Services
- Dorothy's House
- Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity
- Hawthorn Hill
- HOME Inc.
- House of Mercy
- Oakridge Neighborhood
- Primary Health Care
- YMCA Supportive Housing Campus