PCHTF Announces 2018/2019 Programs & Supportive Services Grantees
Congratulations to the seven funded programs!
The Polk County Housing Trust Fund Board of Directors is pleased to announce the recipients of 2018/2019 Program and Supportive Service allocations. With funds received from business and foundation donors to its Stable, Steady, Strong Campaign, the PCHTF supports programs that improve housing stability for low income households and that move those households toward self-sufficiency.
Awards are competitive and only those proven to provide the best outcomes for clients are selected for funding. Each year, our volunteer Programs & Supportive Services Committee and the Board of Directors face the difficult task of selecting the most effective programs among many worthy applicants. Based on their achievements over the last year, the following organizations received grant funding for the next fiscal year:
- The Home Connection, managed by Hawthorn Hill
- Shelter Plus Care, managed by Anawim Housing
- Blueprint to Homeownership, managed by Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity
- Critical Time Intervention, managed by Central Iowa Shelter & Services
- HOPE for Stable Families, managed by HOME, Inc.
- Transitions, managed by Oakridge Neighborhood
- Permanent Supportive Housing, managed by the YMCA of Greater Des Moines
Dollars were also provided to fund discretionary needs of formerly homeless tenants housed by Centralized Intake. Congratulations to all the programs and their providers, and thank you to the donors who make these grants possible. The incredible results produced by these programs are only possible due to our donors' generous financial contributions, as well as the expertise and compassion of our provider partners. Together, we're helping Central Iowans find stable homes and new opportunities, and we look forward to continuing this work in the years to come.