Join us for Affordable Housing Week 2018!
RSVP TODAY FOR OUR FREE EVENTS APRIL 16-21
It's almost here! Polk County Housing Trust Fund invites you to join us for our sixth Affordable Housing Week. Events are filling up fast, but there's still time to RSVP.
PCHTF is working hard to bring you several opportunities to learn more about the critical role of safe, stable, and affordable housing in creating a healthy and economically vibrant community. Join us April 16-21 to learn more and engage with the community at one or all of our free public events.
- Monday, April 16, 8-11 AM: Landlord Forum: Cross-Cultural Communication (RSVP & more info here)
- Are you a landlord or property manager? Join us for the fifth installment of our free Landlord Forum. This year, we're partnering with the Refugee Alliance of Central Iowa to bring you an educational program focused on working with refugees and immigrants. We'll share tips for working across language and cultural barriers and provide resources to help ease communication.
- Wednesday, April 18 9 AM-1 PM: Stable, Steady, Strong Bus Tour & Lunch (RSVP & more info here)
- Ride the bus with us as we visit our supportive service program providers! These programs supported by our Stable, Steady, Strong fundraising campaign help our neighbors work toward self-sufficiency through finding affordable homes, homeownership counseling, job training, case management, and more. Join us for a complimentary lunch after the tour (beginning at 11:30) to celebrate to celebrate our donors and learn more about the programs they support.
- Friday, April 20, 8:30-11 AM: Housing Matters for Iowa's Economy 2018 (RSVP & more info here)
- For the fourth year of our annual symposium, we'll discuss the role of affordable housing to workforce attraction and retention in Iowa. Keynote speaker Lisa Sturtevant, Senior Visiting Fellow at the Urban Land Institute, will share her research on these issues and moderate a panel of local business and government leaders. We hope you'll join us for an engaging discussion of this vitally important issue.
- Saturday, April 21, 10-11:30 AM: Can I Be Your Neighbor Design Challenge (no RSVP needed)
- We're partnering with ASK Studio and Home Builders Association of Greater Des Moines for the sixth year of the Can I Be Your Neighbor Design Challenge, a competition for high school design students. Join us at Grand View University's Krumm Centrum to see presentations from the finalists who have created the best affordable home designs, and see who wins a scholarship!
One week, many opportunities to learn more about affordable housing in our community. We hope to see you at one of our events next month!