Join us for Affordable Housing Week 2017!
RSVP today for our free events April 3-8
The Polk County Housing Trust Fund invites you to join us for our fifth annual Affordable Housing Week! We're offering several free opportunities to learn more about the critical role of safe, stable, and affordable housing in creating a healthy and economically vibrant community. Please take a minute to check out these special events, and RSVP today!
- April 4, 8-11 AM: 4th Annual Educational Event for Iowa Landlords (RSVP & more info here)
- Are you a property manager or landlord? Know someone who should attend? Learn more about renting to low-income households and what resources are available to help. Along with our partners Primary Health Care and the Polk County Continuum of Care, we'll also host a panel discussion with area property managers and facilitate a conversation about how nonprofits and property managers can work together.
- April 5, 8:30-11 AM: Housing Matters for Iowa's Economy (RSVP & more info here)
- Join us for our third annual free symposium to learn more about how affordable housing can support economic development initiatives. Urban Institute's Maya Brennan, principal investigator for How Housing Matters, will discuss national trends in housing and economic development, and a panel of local experts will share their insights on how developers and economic development leaders can collaborate for greater impact.
- April 7, 9-11:30 AM: Downtown Affordable Housing Walking Tour (RSVP & more info here)
- To celebrate the recent release of Capital Crossroads 2.0, this spring's tour will focus on Capital Crossroads efforts and future plans to make downtown a better place to live, work, and play -- including affordable housing options for the people who make downtown work.While we'll be riding DART's free D-Line shuttle service for part of the tour, please wear your walking shoes for this up-close and personal view of downtown housing.
- April 8, 10 AM-12 PM: Can I Be Your Neighbor Design Challenge (no RSVP required)
- This program in its fifth year offers area high school students the opportunity to design affordable homes for a chance at scholarships provided by ASK Studio and the Home Builders Association of Greater Des Moines. Come check out the students' designs and hear finalists present their work at the Pappajohn Center, 1200 Grand Ave in Downtown Des Moines.
One week, many opportunities to learn more about affordable housing in our community. We hope to see you at one of our events!
Thanks to the many partner agencies who make Affordable Housing Week possible: Home Builders Association of Greater Des Moines, ASK Studio, Primary Health Care, Des Moines Area MPO, Urban Land Institute Iowa, American Planning Association Iowa Chapter, City of Des Moines, Capital Crossroads, and Polk County Continuum of Care.